Dr. SHE Rui (佘睿博士)
BSMed (Hons), BEc, PhD
Phone: (852) 2252-8711
1. She, R., Yang, X., Lau, M.M., Lau, J. T. (2020). Psychometric properties and normative data of the 10-item Connor–Davidson Resilience Scale among Chinese adolescent students in Hong Kong. Child Psychiatry & Human Development, 1-9.
2. Fan, X., She, R.(co-first), Liu, C., Zhong, H., Lau, J. T., Hao, C., ... & Gu, J. (2020). Evaluation of smartphone APP-based case-management services among antiretroviral treatment-naïve HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a randomized controlled trial protocol. BMC Public Health, 20(1), 85.
3. Peng, L., She, R. (co-first), Gu, J., Hao, C., Hou, F., Wei, D., & Li, J. (2020). The mediating role of self-stigma and self-efficacy between intimate partner violence (IPV) victimization and depression among men who have sex with men in China. BMC public health, 20(1), 1-10.
4. Wang H, Chang R, Shen Q, Tsamlag L, Zhang S, Shi Y, Ma T, Wang Z, She R, Lau JTF, Wang Y, Cai Y. (2020). Information-Motivation-Behavioral Skills model of consistent condom use among transgender women in Shenyang, China. BMC Public Health, 20(1):394. doi: 10.1186/s12889-020-08494-y.
5. She, R., Yan, Z., Jiang, H., Vetrano, D. L., Lau, J. T., & Qiu, C. (2019). Multimorbidity and Health-Related Quality of Life in Old Age: Role of Functional Dependence and Depressive Symptoms. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 20(9):1143-1149.
6. Yang X, She R, Lau MM, Lau JT. (2019). Anticipated socio-political developments and related personal responses as structural determinants of mental health problems: A population-based study. International Journal of Social Psychiatry. 2019 Oct 14:0020764019879948.
7. Chang R, Wang H, She R, Zhang S, Tsamlag L, Shen Q, Shi Y, Wang Z, Lau JT, Wang Y, Cai Y. Feelings of entrapment and defeat mediate the association between self-esteem and depression among transgender women sex workers in China. Frontiers in psychology. 2019;10.
8. Wang Z, Lau JT, She R, Ip M, Jiang H, Ho SP, Yang X. Behavioral intention to take up different types of HIV testing among men who have sex with men who were never-testers in Hong Kong. AIDS care. 2017 Jun 22:1-8.
9. She R, Huang Y, Xu T, Guo Y. Challenges of research and development on antimalarial medicinal products in China: a bibliometric analysis and systematic review. Transactions of The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2016 Nov 1; 110 (11):649.
10. Huang YM, Shi LW, She R, Bai J, Jiao SY, Guo Y. Domestic trends in malaria research and development in China and its global influence. Infectious Diseases of Poverty. 2017 Jan 10; 6(1):4.
1. Lau JTF, Li J, She R, Kim Y. Implications of the global mental health and HIV syndemic on HIV prevention and care. In: Oxford Textbook of Public Mental Health. Bhugra D, Bhui K, Wong SYS, Gilman SE (editors). Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press; 2018. pp. 337-344.
1. Rui She, Phoenix K.H. Mo, Tiecheng Ma, Yan Liu, Joseph T. F. Lau. “Minority stress, coping and mental health of transgender women sex workers in China”. The 3rd Belt & Road Initiative Global Health International Congress & 2019 Global Health Forum of the University Alliance of the Silk Road. 13-16 Sep 2019, Xi’an, China. [poster]
2. Rui She, Zhongrui Yan, Joseph Lau, Chengxuan Qiu. Association between Multimorbidity and Health-related Quality of Life among Older Adults: Impacts of Functional Dependence and Depressive Symptoms.15th International Congress of Behavioral Medicine. 14-17 Nov 2018, Chile. [oral]
3. Rui She. Family relationships, self-esteem, loneliness and Internet usage among Hong Kong adolescents. The 2nd Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia Science Festival. 21-22 Oct 2018, Universitas Indonesia. [oral]
4. Rui She, Xueying Yang, Zixin Wang, Joseph T.F. Lau, Dongliang Li, Jinghua Li, Yue Zhang. A randomized controlled trial evaluating the efficacy of a brief social media intervention in reducing sexual risk behaviors among MSM in Beijing. Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases. 2016(3):24. 1st Asia Pacific Conference on Aids & Co-Infections. 17-19 May 2016, Hong Kong. [oral]
Education & Past Work Experience
PhD, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2019)
B.Med.(1st Class Honor), B.Ec., Peking University (2015)
Exchange study, Kunshan Duke University (2014), Karolinska Institutet (2017)
Theories and Concepts of Health Behaviors (teaching assistant and tutor)
Research Methods in Community Health (teaching assistant and tutor)
Foundations of health promotion (teaching assistant and tutor)
Social marketing methods (teaching assistant and tutor)
Health promotion in practice – social marketing (teaching assistant and tutor)